We’re very excited to be holding a session at this weekend’s BIG Weekend at the Sustainable Living Festival.
The topic for the session is Leadership: The Critical Skill for Sustainability, and will explore why leadership is key if we’re to make real progress on the sustainability front.
Is a lack of leadership preventing us from acting and what can we do to change this? As Australia’s leaders stall on strong action for a sustainable future, it is time for a new kind of leadership. In this panel we will hear from a panel of leaders on why leadership is the critical skill for sustainability. We’ll explore types of leadership, why it looks different than you might think, and how you can become a leader in your personal life, your workplace and your community.
All the details are here:
Panel – Leadership: The Critical Skill for Sustainability
Saturday February 15 at 10.30 am to 11.30 am – The Green House, Birrarung Marr.
Find out more info in the SLF Program and check out all the other incredible events while you’re there.
Our Illustrious Speakers
- Matt Wicking – Matt is a 2012 CSL Alumnus and is our new Melbourne Facilitator of the Fellowship Program. He is also a Corporate Sustainability Consultant and Musician.
- Tom Quinn – Tom is a 2011 Alumnus, a Sustainability Officer at the City of Melbourne and the Executive Director of the Future Business Council.
- Janette O’Neill – Janette is the Head of Sustainability at NAB. She also holds Board positions with CSL and the PwC Foundation.
- Anna Skarbek – Anna is the Executive Director of Climate Works, focused on finding good energy outcomes for business, government and investors.
- Alice Howard-Vyse – Alice is a 2013 Alumnus and a User Experience Consultant with Thirst Studios. Her focus is the human end of technology and using design thinking to create positive outcomes.
- Jenny Gray – Jenny is the CEO of Zoos Victoria, and has a mixed background of public and private sector roles, including once running an airline.